December 26, 2009

My Dastardly Body

I can't be the only one who thinks my body knows what it's doing, especially when it comes to my cycle. And that it has malicious intent.

I'm meant to take my next blood test early in the morning within the first one to seven days of my cycle. So, my body decides Day One should be the eve of the 25th, making sure to be just in time for the laboratory holiday hours to take effect. (This also schedules it to align, if all remains regular, with my next vacation in February.) How does it know to do this?

I can't even make an appointment for any of the labs, even the ones across town that might be open now, because the appointment line doesn't take calls on weekends. At this rate, I'm going to have to get permission from my boss on Monday to let me come in late on Tuesday so I can get this thing over with. I don't want to save it 'til day six or seven and risk the test results getting muddled. You all know how I hate blood tests. I do not want to do this over again.

Ah, listen to me whine. By the time you hear from me again, this will hopefully all be over. And on the up side, at least my cycle was normal this time!

I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday from work, school, and everything else, and enjoying their time with family, friends, pets, self, the tv... I sure am!

No comments: