October 25, 2012

"Tweezed" The Sequel

I kept up the plucking for almost two weeks.  First of all, I have to say that wearing my peach fuzz for the first time in a long time was a constant challenge.  I actually felt the need to wear my hair down all the time to hide it a bit.  But that alone wouldn’t have induced me to go back to shaving.

What did make me say to myself, “Self, it’s time to take out that razor again,” was when the ingrown hairs and soreness eventually got as bad as when I shave nonstop for weeks on end.  That surprised me, but all that yanking on the hairs, accidentally catching skin, hairs breaking off instead of coming out at the root and getting stuck under the skin... it got ugly.  I am still trying to heal from all the ugly.

So I’m back to shaving.  My hair removal regimen is down to ten minutes again.  All is right with the world.  Well, it will be once this big blemish on my chin heals over.

No comments: