December 29, 2010

Apologies

I meant to post again last week, instead of leaving a blog quiz up there, but I have to admit, it's been difficult.

I've had this cold since I started on Alesse, and it gets a little better, then gets a little worse. I've spent most of my holidays in bed. My sinuses ache, my nose runs, my throat burns, I'm constipated, and so darn moody that all of this bothers me way more than it normally would! I don't know how much of this is a winter bug and how much is the pill, but even though the cold finally seems to be making an exit, I still feel run down, achey, unable to concentrate. Work is torturous and takes all my effort. Composing a thoughtful blog post is a little beyond me right now.

But who ever heard of a contraceptive pill making you feel that way? It seems a little bizarre. The only reason I haven't visited a doctor for the cold is because I don't want to discount the chance that this fog I'm in is related to the pill, and I don't want anyone but the endocrinologist to change my prescription. Thing is, the endo's office is closed for the holidays, and she told me to give the pill three months before changing it.

So I'm living with it. When I'm off the pill for the next week, we'll see if the lack of hormone makes me feel better. And if it doesn't, then I've obviously got some kind of bug and I may need some extra help to kick it. Until then, it's tough, but not debilitating. Just have to hope I don't snap and tell off a difficult customer or a colleague. (Seriously, the irritability is scary!) Bleh. Lots of sleep for me!

4 comments:

Sophie said...

This sounds EXACTLY how I felt about a month after yasmin... Maybe The Problem and The Pill just simply don't go together...? Well, I gave mine up...

Allerleirah said...

Really, huh? Sometimes I guess women can't tolerate a certain kind of pill... or any pills at all.

But if it's so common to prescribe a birth control pill and an anti-androgen pill together for hirsutism, I would expect that it must work for some ladies. Might have to give mine up too if after a few months I still feel the same, and maybe try another kind.

Sophie said...

It's common to experiment with hirsutism patients, I learnt. And when someone somewhere found the pill successful - hey, let's just tell them all to take it! ...

A little bitter about it, I am... But I never actually had it Properly explained HOW the pill is supposed to work on the hair cells... Plus, you were told you cant take cypro without it. Well, I did, for over a year and would happily go back to it. Oh, wait, I cant because my doctor decided it was bad for me and put me on the pill...

Two weeks drug/pill/hormone free! (cant sleep, eat or think straight but havent noticed any difference in the Hair situation)

Allerleirah said...

I think to a point doctors do have to start with what has worked in the past, and then if that doesn't work, try something else.

So you liked being on the cyproterone? Did it help?