March 31, 2012

The C-Word

Holy hole-in-a-doughnut, guys, comment explosion on the blog this week!  I love it!

Visitors, if you're just reading my blog posts and not the comments, you're missing out on the expressions of other women like me.  Don't worry--I screen all the comments before they ever appear to the public, so there will never be anything hateful there.

I've known what I wanted to post all week this week; I don't know why it's taken me so long to post it.  A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with appendix cancer that has metastasized, claiming one ovary among other things.  This week, I simply want to boost the signal for the blog she's started to share her experiences.  It may not be relevant to any of you, but like this blog, it might be a relief for anyone going through it or something similar.



Cancer will touch us all eventually.  For me, it used to be something far away that claimed this person or that person so long ago that I could hardly remember it.  It's been touching my life quite a bit lately, to the point where it's sometimes all I can think about.  But when the strong reactionary emotions fade, you still have to face it and find a way to deal, like everything else that happens in life.  This is how she's dealing.  In that way, our blogs are quite similar indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this blog, I'm going to give it a good read. You are right, above and beyond - we've got to "deal" with it all. Come to think about it - isnt it just living the life? And being able to deal with all the "ITS" - living a happy life? For as long as it lasts? I dont know, I've just been reevaulating things recently and trying to see the bigger picture. And your post came at a good time. "when the strong reactionary emotions fade, you still have to face it and find a way to deal, like everything else that happens in life" (Nods...) s.

Allerleirah said...

It is. Whatever gets thrown at us, health-wise or other, we have to learn to deal with it. And we really can deal.