Then, I was very grateful to receive samples of KoS's new shaving gels to try! I always use up a product completely before I review it, so I can comment on long term use on the face, for those of us for whom face shaving will likely have no end. And so, after months and months, here's what I thought:
Queen of Ooh La La! and Queen of Ta-Da! Shaving Gel - 150 mL
- Aqua (Water), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, acrylates / C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, styrene / acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, coco-glucoside, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, magnesium nitrate, benzyl alcohol, cinnamomum camphora (camphor) bark oil, potassium sorbate, citric acid, benzoic acid, magnesium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, limonene. Queen of Ta-Da! also includes CI 17200 (Red 33).
Things I Liked:
- I think readers know by now that I prefer gels and oils because they don't suds up and dry out the skin, and you can see where you're shaving. Both these gels live up to that expectation.
- They're a good price compared to what I usually see in the drug store, and when you use them on your face, they last a long time.
- Although no fragrance has been added, both smell much better than their old gels. They're fresh and minty and revitalizing. (My favorite is Queen of Ta-Da! which has a sharper tea-tree oil note.)
Things I Didn't Like:
- Nothing! My only complaints about their old shave gel was the smell and the fact that I was worried I wouldn't be able to buy it anymore. Their new gels are just as good at doing their job, and smell far better.
Did it do what it promised?
Like their predecessors, KoS' new shave gels are low foam and perfume free, which makes them so nice on the skin anywhere. I am very comfortable using them on my face--they protect and lubricate the razor without stressing the skin anymore than I have to, and I honestly have yet to find a product that compares to anything KoS has turned out.
If you're wondering, like I am, the difference between Ooh La La! and Ta-Da!, I didn't find much practical difference between the two. It really is up to your personal preference. They are equally effective as shaving mediums. Ooh La La! features it's ingredient aloe vera, and has a gentler minty scent and no color. Ta-Da! advertises tea tree oil, and you can smell the difference. It's not at all irritating like I usually expect tea tree oil to be, and aside from the smell I didn't notice any other particular benefit. Also, it's pink. ;-)
See what other people thought of KoS' Queen Of... line of shave gels:
The Advice Sisters review
Desi Girl Does Make-up review
Mint Green with Envy review
Pinch Your Cheeks review