May 28, 2010

Happy Thoughts

I just found The Happiness Project blog, and it's very interesting! Full of little tips on making your everyday life happy. I love that the author doesn't seem to look at big-picture things, but shows you how changing some of the little things can go a long way. Like this entry, which brought me to the site in the first place, about daily routines and how they can add or detract from your day.

It all just supports the idea that there are things about ourselves we cannot change, but we still have control over our happiness. I can't let myself forget that, and neither should any of you.

And while we're on the subject of positivity, who's heard of the 1000 Awesome Things blog? Just peeking over there now and seeing #496, "Seeing way worse weather on TV somewhere else" made me laugh. I was the place you'd all be looking at and feeling better about. We just had an end-of-may snow shower.

On a completely different tack, did you know that fainting after stressful things like blood tests can be hereditary? According to the lab technician who took my blood today, my brain is hardwired that way and no matter how used to needles I get, I will never be able to outgrow or outsmart the fainting gene. I will have to do my tests lying down for the rest of my life. I'll also have to Google it sometime to see if there are any studies to support that. I don't know if I like the idea of that response being beyond my control.

No comments: